Product name: Anti-Fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium – Aqueous, Fluoroshield
Description: Anti-discoloration fluorescence mounting medium
Ab104135 Anti-Fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium (formerly Fluoroshield Mounting Medium) is an aqueous mounting medium designed to preserve fluorescence when imaging tissue and cell samples. The formulation prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethylrhodamine, R-phycoerythrin (R-PE), phycocyanin (PC ), and Allophycocyanin (APC). Fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4 ° C in the dark. This medium does not contain phenylenediamine, which destroys the immunofluorescence of Cy, R-PE, PC, and APC dyes.
Mounting Media Products
For fluorescent staining of cells and tissues, Abcam recommends this product (Ab104135 Fluorescence Mounting Medium), ab104139 DAPI Mounting Medium, and ab104129 PI Mounting Medium. For thick sections or tissues that contain a lot of fat, we recommend a glycerol mounting medium with DAPI ab188804. For chromogenic immunohistochemistry, such as with DAB, AEC, or Fast Red, we recommend ab64230 aqueous mounting medium or ab104141 organic limonene mounting medium.
– Bring the vial to room temperature.
– Rinse the slide to be mounted with distillate or deionized, touch the edges of the slide with a paper towel to remove excess water. Place the slides on a flat surface.
– Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove air bubbles.
– Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly onto the sample and spread it evenly by tilting the slide back and forth or spread it evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip, ensuring that the slide is not touched. tissue. The excess medium can be removed by tapping the edges of the slide against a paper towel.
– Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
– Apply the coverslip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
– The sample is ready for viewing under a microscope.
Seal the edges of the coverslip with nail polish, any organic medium, or Limonene ab104141 mounting medium. If a coverslip is not sealed, air bubbles will appear in a few days. Store the slide in the dark at 2-8 ° C.
The coverslip can be removed prior to sealing the edges. Soak the slide in warm (37 ° C) distilled or deionized water for several minutes. Move the coverslip carefully and slowly. Soak in water for a few more minutes to remove the coverslip. Rinse the slide several times with lukewarm water to remove all mounting mediums. The slide can be reassembled.